Friday, March 21, 2014

A chance to see two legends in action!

source
I can hardly believe it, but tonight I'm headed off to New York to meet my mom and see Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in "Waiting for Godot".

Both are not only two of the finest actors of our time, but they have provided the public imagination with strong symbolic images of leadership and wisdom. Not to step out as an enormous geek, but above all others, these two men filled the mythic reality of my adolescence.

I'm beside myself. Do I ever love these two people!

This is definitely one perk of living on the East Coast, compared to rural Guatemala, or say, rural Michigan. There are lots of great memories I've made in my rural life - but there really are once-in-a-lifetime sort of opportunities, and this is one of them.

Eeee! Tell you more on Monday when I get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment